October 5, 2015
Don't just have your heating system "checked", your system should be "checked, cleaned and serviced". A thorough system check and servicing should take about an hour per system and should include:
- Outdoor coil(s) power washed and inspected, indoor coil(s) inspected
- Fans inspected and cleaned
- Burner and ignition assembly cleaned and inspected
- Heat exchanger or elements cleaned and flue draft monitored
- Exposed ducts checked for leaks
- Relays, contactors, wiring, and electrical disconnect inspected
- Motors and bearings checked and lubricated if required
- Controls and safeties, including drains, tested
- Filters and thermostats checked.
- Temperatures and pressures checked and recorded
When service is complete, a written report should be provided and explained to the homeowner along with any recommendations.